USE OF WILL
To show promise, intention, willingness, threat and simple fatuity-
- You will certainly attend the meeting.
- From Delhi we will go to Kashmir.
- Do right, I will come with you.
- We will teach you a lesson.
- You will arrive tonight.
- He will go there tomorrow.
- The wedding will take place in July.
- The holidays will begin soon.
To show polite request, invitation, Present habit Probability and likelihood.
- Will you close the window Please?
- Will you have some more tea?
- Will you type this letter for me?
- The silly dog will chase all cyclists.
- A good teacher will never send his students away.
- If you step on a snake, it will bite you.
- He will have posted the letter.
- They will have done the work.
USE OF WOULD
To show polite request / Polite invitation lets definite softer, more polite request.
- Would you please lend me your bicycle?
- Would you like a cup of tea?
- Will you come this way?
- Would you come this way?
- Will you open the door please (firm request).
- Would you open the door please (soften request).
To sow the guards, Probability, occasionally, Determination.
- What is her age?
- Every morning he would go for a long walk.
- He would have her own way (determination).
- I would try my best to help him. (Willingness)
- I would like to ask you something.
- He says he would like to go with you.
- He would rather start now.
- I would rather than talk.