Kinds of Degree
- POSITIVE DEGREE
- COMPARATIVE DEGREE
- SUPERLATIVE DEGREE
02 SHOW THE EQUIVALENT BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE.
[SUB+IS, AM, ARE, WAS, WERE+AS—ADJ—AS+OBJ.]
- Geeta is as beautiful as Sita.
- Ram was as long as Ramesh.
- Rajiv is as smaller as Rohan.
- This book was as bigger as that book.
- This flower is as beautiful as that flower.
[SUB+IS, AM, ARE, WAS, WERE+NOT+AS+ADJ+AS+OBJ.]
- Raju is not as tall as Rajeev.
- A guava was not as sweet as mango.
- This book is not as useful as that.
[SUB+IS, AM, ARE, WAS, WERE+ LIKE+ OBJ.]
- Ram is like his father.
- She is like her mother.
- He was like a tiger.
- This house is like a palace.
- ADJ-ER, MORE –ADJ
- SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO PERSON
[SUB+IS, AM, ARE, WAS, WERE+ADJ-ER/MORE+ADJ+THAN+OBJ.]
- This room is bigger than that.
- Your radio is better than my radio.
- Mohan was richer than Sohan.
- This book is more beautiful than that book.
- Hari’s bag is more beautiful than Mohan’s bag.
- Your pen was more costly than my pen.
- THE ADJ-EST
- THE +MOST+ADJ
- SHOW THE GREATEST ONE TO OTHER.
[SUB+IS AM, ARE, WAS, WERE+THE+ADJ-EST/MORE+ADJ+OBJ.]
- Ramesh is the greatest boy in the GMA.
- Sapna is the most beautiful in the GMA.
- Rohit was the most intelligent boy in the GMA.
- Ganga is the richest girl in Delhi.
- This boy is the most cunning in GMA.